Tuesday, June 2, 2015

6/1/15: Last Day in Cusco!

I wanted to wake up early enough for breakfast, but for some reason my alarm didn’t go off with sound or I didn’t hear it or something weird like that. I got ready for the day, checked out, and ended up spending a couple hours just reading. It was nice to have some time just to chill until I wanted to get some food. I walked to the Plaza and found a restaurant that served the dish that the Singaporean lady from yesterday, causa. It’s a traditional Peruvian dish that is made of a top and bottom layer of mashed potatoes, with a center of chicken and avocado and more avocado on top. It was alright, and definitely expensive for a meal in Peru, but I’m glad I at least tried it once.


After that, I took it easy. I walked around a little and read a little more, before going to the other Inca ruin site, Saqsayhuaman on the northern border of Cusco. It’s a little similar to what I saw in Ollantaytambo, but it provided a fantastic aerial view of the city.







Across the little valley was the White Christ of Cusco, so Jesus and I had a little photoshoot.



I eventually made it back to my hostel to pick up my bag, and then took a taxi to the bus station. The driver asked me to write something in Chinese, so I did. I was a little overwhelmed by the bus station, though, since it was definitely NOT close to anything I’d seen before. Instead of an individual station for the company, I think every single company in existence was in the area. There were salespeople yelling out destinations everywhere and hundreds of people around, which was a little overwhelming. I made it to my bus without a problem, though, so it turned out okay. Not easy by any means though.

The bus was fine, the food was fine. On to Arequipa for tomorrow morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment