Sunday, June 21, 2015

6/18-21/15: Same old, same old

The past week has been a drastic change from what I had before with backpacking around. I've read almost a million books, it feels, and I have been resting a lot. It's been very nice, like what summer usually is for me. The days at Proyecto have been falling into routine, and in the past couple days the kids have been participating in some "Aymara New Year" (Aymara is a local dialect and culture) and they have dressed up very cutely. They're also less purely adorable than they were. It's tough to take care of kids who have every reason to cry all the time, and when they do, it's a pain. They usually don't cry for long, which is good, but some of them make it their life's current mission to cry themselves out. It's quite impressive, but it's not easy. The novelty of working with them has worn off a bit, but I think the weekend has been very good for me to recharge a little.

Another big thing: I've moved out of my host house. This is quite the welcome development because there was nothing to do near the house, and I couldn't even walk anywhere. I'm currently staying in a hostel that costs more, but the room is empty except for me and it's right in the center of town. I won't have to take 2 trufis to work - only one! I'm looking into an apartment that is a couple blocks away for the rest of my time here (about a month) that some other volunteers have been staying in. They will be moving out later this week/early next week, so hopefully I can make that happen, and everything will be fantastic! We'll see though, since I'm not too sure how to go about doing this in a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment