Sunday, June 14, 2015

6/14/15: Lazy Sunday!

I didn't know if I wanted to go out today, and I ended up not doing it. The prospect of being a homebody - my true nature - was just too nice. Besides, I still had no idea where I would go and what I would do.

I stayed home and started reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling instead, which is quite entertaining and a nice distraction from the stress of The Maze Runner trilogy, though I will go back and finish reading The Kill Order sometime soon - and then maybe start on The Da Vinci Code series and/or Harry Potter. I've got a lot to read, basically.

I actually got internet access today, not just the kind that I've had in Bolivia thus far - the kind that actually works, where I can load more than just one page, and I can do research and whatever in a reasonable amount of time. I used this to start posting reviews on TripAdvisor. I reviews almost everything I went to in Lima, and hopefully can write more as time goes on about everything else that I've seen on my trip thus far!

Jeanette's daughter came today, and she helped set up the internet (bless her!) and showed me on the map where I am, so I have a much better idea. It turns out that I had it right the first time I tried to leave the house, I just didn't go far enough. That's fine. Tomorrow, hopefully Katia can show me how to get places without walking my feet off, and I can actually go to the  market to buy real food or eat at a real restaurant (not that Jeanette's food isn't great, but I just feel bad relying on her all the time) and actually visit Cochabamba. Basically, I have lots of hope for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment